More on Polymer Bushings
Plane Polymer Bearings and Bushings
Choice of the correct bearing material is dependent on wear, friction requirements, load bearing capacity, temperature, pressure and running velocity. We recommend that a range of material is tested as the performance limits given are based on ideal operating conditions as each factor is independently tested. Unknown parameters or operating conditions could limit the validity of these performance limits. Specific material compatibility should be checked on each application.
Advanced EMC Technologies manufactures three standard types of plain polymer bearings: Sleeved, Flanged, and Thrust.
We are proud to introduce our family of plane polymer bearings and polymer bushings. The use of engineering polymers in dynamic load bearing applications has helped revolutionize virtually all mechanical products. New product designs are continually pushing the limits of engineered plastic materials. Advanced EMC Technologies is evaluating and researching new advanced polymers on a continued basis to meet the advances in product design, which include higher load bearings, lower friction bearings and high temperature bearings. We provide quick-turn prototypes, low volume machined to high volume injection molded components in most bearing grade materials such as PEEK bearings, PEEK bushings, PTFE bearings, including Rulon equivalents, nylon bushings, PPS bearings and many more.
Benefits of Plane Polymer Bearings & Bushings
- High temperature – up to 600°F
- Chemically resistant & low pH
- Low friction – HPV Grades
- Near zero moisture absorption
- Low and high load grades
- Self Lubricating
- Wash down resistant
Plane Polymer Bearing & Bushing Applications
- Aircraft components
- Oven and dryer bearings
- Medical devices/biomedical
- Military & Defense
- Oil & Gas
- Bottle or can conveying
- Pulp & Paper bearings
- Food handling—Robotics
- Chemical Resistant Bearing and Bushing Material.
- Excellent Service for Continuous Use TO 480°F (250°C)
- Excellent Chemical Resistance
- Very Low Moisture Absorption
- Inherently Good Wear and Abrasion Resistance
- No Affect When Subjected to Hot Water or Steam
- Use in Applications Above It’s Glass Temperature (Tg) 300F Will See a Decrease In Mechanical Properties.
- Close Tolerances Achievable at Temperatures Higher than 300°F
- V-O Flammability Rating and Exhibits Very Low Smoke and Toxic Gas When Exposed to Flame.
- Reinforced Fluorolon PEEK Grades Available for Improved PV in Bushing and Bearing Applications
In review of the properties stated above PEEK is an excellent material for your PEEK Bushing or Bearing applications in hostile environments where high temperature, high pressure, medium to higher load is required.
- Best Dimensional Stability of All Melt Processable Plastics.
- Torlon Bushings Can Maintain It’s Mechanical Properties Under Severe Stress at 500F (260C).
- In Bushings or Bearings of Torlon Special Fillers Can Be Added to Achieve an Extremely Low Coefficient of Friction.
- Extremely Close Tolerances Can be Achieved Due Torlon’s Low Thermal Expansion and Creep Resistance.
- Torlon Bushings Can be Machined or Molded Based Upon EAU
- Extreme Wear Resistance in Bearing Grade Formulations
- Torlon Is superior to PEEK in Bushing or Bearings applications Except Where Chemical Resistance is Critical or Thermal Cycling in Steam or a Highly Humid Environment.
Torlon may have an edge in tribological performance, strength, thermal stability, and toughness, while PEEK should have a slight advantage with chemical resistance and is a more ductile material in the extruded unfilled grade.
- Outstanding chemical resistance good dimensional stability suited for High-Performance Bushing and Bearing Service
- PPS Bushings Retain Their Mechanical and Stable Dimensional Structure and High Temperature
- PPS is Reinforced with Glass Fibers or Mineral Fillers to Further Improve its High-Temperature and Wear in Bearing Service.
- Inherent Flame Resistance UL94 VO
- Extremely Low Moisture Rating for Dimensional Stable Polymer Bushings and Bearings
- PPS Is Strong Contender in Bearing or Bushing Applications Where Temperatures Remain Below 400F (220C)
- PPS Ryton Can Be Injection Molded or Machined
- Lower Cost Than PEEK or Torlon Bushings
- PPS With Lubricates Provides High PV Limit
- Our Fluorolon Proprietary PPS Bearing Grade Has Better Wear Than a Comparable PEEK Compound.
Fluorolon PPS products offer dimensional stability and strength at continuous service temperature to 425°F (220°C). Unreinforced Fluorolon is not recommended for wear applications.