PTFE Rotary Lip Seals
Advanced EMC introduced our FluoroSeal PTFE lips seal in the early 1990’s. The seals were designed to bridge the gap between conventional elastomeric lip seals and mechanical face seals. Hostile environments such as extreme temperature, aggressive media, high surface speeds, high pressures, and lack of lubrication forced the designer to specify expensive face seals which were more complicated mechanical face seals.
FluoroSeal PTFE lip seals provide the designer a significant improvement in performance over elastomeric lip seals at a much lower cost than the mechanical face seal. FluoroSeal™ PTFE rotary lip seals solve frictional heat problems in high speed rotary applications, which are not addressed by conventional elastomeric shaft seals.
We exceed the performance of the conventional rubber lip seals in the following areas:
Available in hydrodynamic, plain and multi-lip configuration A wide range of materials to suit the demands of the application. Low volume requirements can be constructed from machined shells so there are no tooling charges. High volumes can be manufactured from pressed shells reducing unit costs.
FluoroSeal™ PTFE Lip Seals solve difficult sealing applications which cannot be addressed by conventional elastomeric lip seals. We exceed the performance of the conventional rubber lip seals in the following areas:
- Much Lower Friction Which Generates Less Torque
- Less Frictional Heat and Requires Less Power
- Reduced Breakout Friction
- Conveyor Rollers
- Electric Motors Rolling Stock
- Generators, Compressors, Vacuum Pumps
- High Performance Vehicles
- PTFE Lip Seals work well in Petroleum oils & fuels Ozone chemical applications solvents (MEK, acetone, xylene) and weather extremes, but not highly fluorinated greases or oils.
- Chemical Processing Equipment
- Pumps, Mixers, Agitators, Blenders
- Food Processing
- Capable of Pressures to 500 PSID (6Mpa)
- Large Diameter and Custom Design Capability.
- Power Steering
- Dust/dirt Excluders
- Off Road Vehicles
- Radar Equip
- Paper Mills
Rotary Shaft Seal Designs