UHMW PE (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene)
As an engineering plastic material, UHMW PE (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) has many uses in industries as varied as food processing, waste water treatment, heavy equipment, and conveyor lines.
UHMW is noted for having a very low coefficient of friction. In addition, unlike nylon, UHMW PE has a very low moisture absorption and a good ability to withstand a wide variety of chemicals making it a good option for wet environments and applications that need regular harsh cleaning, like food processing facilities. (UHMW PE is both FDA and USDA compliant which adds to its frequent use in the food processing industry.)
- Food Processing (bearings and gears, chute liners, wear strips)
- Material Handling and Packaging (anti-static chute liners, wear strips, bearings and gears)
- Conveyor Systems (wear strips, gears, chain guides)
- Marine (covers, doors, fixtures, handles)
- Waste Water Treatment Facilities (wear strips, paddles, bearings, scraper blades, chute liners)