Plain Polymer Bearings
In this article, we are going to look at the different types of plain (or plane) polymer bearings. Both spellings are correct, its only a matter of blogger preference. Plain polymer bearings is preferred for this article. Recall that the purpose of bearings in general is to:
- support shafts,
- reduce the friction between contacting surfaces,
- and to constrain motion along one or more axes.
There are different ways to classify plain bearings, and in this article we will look at one possible means of classification: sleeved, flanged, and thrust bearings.
Want even more Bearing Basics? Check out these articles from the Advanced EMC Technologies blog:
- 4 Ball Bearing Facts You Should Know
- Breakout Torque for Ball Bearings
- No More Beating around the Bushing