High-Volume Low-Cost Plastic Bushings
In this article, we are going to discuss what the best choices are for high-volume low-cost plastic bushings. When an engineer is designing a part to be manufactured, there are two approaches:
- the first is to choose an appropriate material, then select a manufacturing process compatible with the material;
- the second is to select a manufacturing process, then choose an appropriate material from the ones that are compatible with that process.
Lets try answering the question for todays article by starting with manufacturing processes for plastics.
Want more information on Polymer Bushings? Check out the following post from the popular Engineer’s choice Advanced EMC Technologies Blog:
- Selecting the Precise Polymer Bushing
- Bushings: Nylon 6, Nylon 66, and Self-lubricating Nylon
- Polymer Bushings Taking a Beating: Two Important Concepts behind the Wear and Tear